mTape Connect – The World’s First LTO-6 Tape Drive with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 Connectivity.
mLogic are excited to announced the latest addition to their ground breaking product line of Thunderbolt LTO archiving solutions. The mTape Connect is the world’s first LTO-6 tape drive to feature both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 connectivity and mLogic are demonstrating mTape Connect in the company’s booth SL13418 at NAB 2015.
- The world’s first Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 LTO-6 tape drive
- Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- USB 3.0 port
- Compatible with backup/archive software from Archiware, Imagine Products, StorageDNA, TOLIS, Xendata, YoYotta and others
- Portable form factor with rugged, light-weight aluminum construction
- DC powered for operation in any environment
“The mLogic team is thrilled to unveil our new mTape Connect at NAB 2015”, said Roger Mabon, CEO of mLogic. “mTape Connect makes archiving and backing up to LTO even easier with support for both USB and Thunderbolt protocols. This means with the mTape Connect we can support and even wider range of laptops and workstations running either Mac or Windows operating systems. LTO tape offers the lowest cost per TB of any storage medium and more importantly has an archival life of 30 plus years – significantly longer than hard drives. mTape Connect is an affordable and easy to use tool that solves the challenges of long-term archiving of digital assets.”
mTape Connect is scheduled to be available in June from mLogic’s global network of authorised resellers. MSRP is $4,499 / £2,999 / €4,249 excluding local taxes.