Cache-A products now feature their latest Version 2.1 software release. Many of the new capabilities featured were originally included in the new Power-Cache server but are now available without charge across the entire Cache-A Archive Appliance product line.
Highlights of the new features include:
- Job Queue: The ability to queue jobs from multiple users or events and automatically run jobs in sequence improves productivity in demanding user environments.
- Better Status Reporting in the Transfer Summary: New status reporting shows users more information about the progress of file transfers.
- ASP Protocol: Now offers the ability to directly mount Apple file shares, improving performance and convenience in Mac environments.
- Configuration of Multiple Ethernet Ports: New network configuration controls give users the ability to set up and view the status of each Ethernet port.
The Cache-A Product Family.
Simple to deploy, Cache-A’s line of archive appliances offer the most integrated networked archiving solution to help increase productivity. They all write data on low-cost, secure, portable, interchangeable and IT industry-standard LTO-5 tape cartridges that have a 30-year archival life. The latest generation of LTO-5 offers 1.5 terabytes (TB) of storage per cartridge, while also providing significantly faster archiving speeds.
The Cache-A product family includes:
- Pro-Cache5: The most efficient and easily deployed way to manage multiple terabytes of archived data; it offers many of the advanced features demanded for content archiving, interchange and access.
- Power-Cache Archive Server: Combining Cache-A’s noted appliance functionality with more disk speed and better throughput, it offers a high-performance blend of LTO-5 tape drives, 8TB of RAID and 10Gb Ethernet technologies; it offers faster archive and retrieval transfers as well as greater flexibility for staging content, making duplicate tape copies and working with Cache-A Library and Expansion units.
- Pro-Cache Library24/Library48 Automation Appliances: Available in either 24 or 48 tape slot configurations, these library options work with Pro-Cache and Power-Cache models to automate cartridge loading for archiving, restoring and even cartridge spanning when archiving large projects; they offer near-line archival capacity of up to 72TBs (Library48) or 36 TBs (Library24).
- Prime-Cache5: Optimised for desktop applications and compact and quiet in the Prime-Cache tradition, it features an LTO-5 tape drive, 2TB hard disc drive, an improved chassis and 10 times faster direct-attached transfers with USB 3.0.
All of these products offer LTFS (Linear Tape File System) capability as a free option to the industry standard tar format. Based on open source software, LTFS enables users to interchange content across different operating systems, software applications and physical locations.
The expert in LTFS applications and the winner of Creative Cow’s Blue Ribbon Award for NAB 2011 for “Best Archiving System,” Cache-A is a leading supplier of network-attached archive appliances for the media and entertainment industry. Cache-A’s archive appliances can easily archive source masters for production or entire projects for post-production using the secure, portable, interchangeable, industry standard LTFS or tar format on LTO-5 media. www.cache-a.com